All wines over $25 per bottle will be vintage specific. In the case the listed vintage is out of stock, we will inform you via email for approval to go ahead.
About This Wine
Even with the recent proliferation of fabulous new red grape styles, it's hard to go past a great Shiraz.
Shiraz produces what are arguably the world's greatest red wines. It's Australia most popular red and most wineries make at least one Shiraz, with flavours across red and black fruits, spice, eucalypt, black olives and plums. And in France, where it is called Syrah, this red produces ultra-glossy, juicy, black-peppered, majestic and robust wines.
We see and sample a great many Shiraz and Syrah wines; so we've put together a mixed dozen - three of each of four different wines. We looked for perfumed, palate-coating, rich, full-bodied and persistent styles, with layered texture, though more with feline seduction than brute force. And we also looked for wines that over two or three days open, will expand and gain more weight.
So, here's the result - the "SBS Case" - Seriously Beautiful Shiraz.
12 bottles, including three of each of the four recommended Shiraz:
- Tim Smith Bugalugs Shiraz "I reckon this is one of the best, and most interesting in the country."
- Guigal Côtes-du-Rhône Rouge - from possibly the world's best Syrah winemaker
- Parnasse Syrah - a brilliant inexpensive French Syrah.
- Woods Crampton White Label Barossa Valley Shiraz - a top drop for the price
- *If a wine in the case is out of stock, we will substitute it with another French white of great quality and value.